Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Cocktail: The Poinsettia

I love a cocktail, especially one with a theme.  Let's face it, besides meaning abundant, plentiful, and pleasing to the senses, the adjective "lush" also has a slang meaning of something else entirely.  I made a drink called the Poinsettia for tree trimming with the family.  The tree trimming was a bit of a flop because I was missing half of my Xmas lights and decorations, but the company, food, and drink were very successful.

The Poinsettia
1/4oz Grand Marnier
3oz Cranberry Juice
Champagne

Add Grand Marnier and chilled Cranberry juice to a champagne flute.  Top with Champagne. 
Grand Marnier can be substituted for Cointreu OR Triple Sec, and Champagne can be substituted for any sparkling wine (I used Prosecco).

6 comments:

  1. make me one next time i see you??? love, sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am so glad you posted this. I showed the recipe to Shannon and we were so inspired we just decided to co-host festive drinks and dessert for our roommates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the trimming sesh was amazing.

    ReplyDelete