Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cowgirl Birthday Party

I don't know how anyone planned a social event before Pinterest! Cocktail parties, birthday parties, and weddings must have taken true creativity before the time-sucking, highly addictive electronic pin board phenomena was introduced.  Planning a cowgirl 4th birthday party for Sophie & Sienna was a piece of cake thanks to all the terrific ideas I found on the site.  So thank you creative moms and their event planners for sharing all your terrific ideas.

Feeding 30 kids, their parents, and other friends was left to my fabulous husband, who happens to be a superb cook, and coolly informed me that barbecue for nearly 60 wouldn't be a problem.

Cowboy Up!  In lieu of regular goody bags, I tied bandanas to brown craft paper bags,  and stuffed them in a bureau I'd found and has been awaiting refinishing.  The kids all took home a pink or straw cowboy hat and sheriff badge.
The Pan-4- Gold game was a big hit, and entertained some kids for much of the party!  I spray painted small rocks with gold paint, poked holes in aluminum pans and filled a pool with sand and water.

Two 8-ft long tables and hay bales provided low seating for the children,  I saved tin cans, and filled them with flowers.
Abuelito waiting to get the party started.
Cowgirl Sophie
Cowgirl Sienna
After we handed out the craft bags for piƱata candy, I let the kids pick a little candy in case they hadn't scavenged enough, I'm sure to the horror of the other parents, but I didn't want anyone to feel left out.
The birthday girls and their best bud Maya (center) having drinks on the bounce house.

My mum made the cake and cleverly used Barbie cowboy boots and hat to decorate!


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow mar! this looks amazing. i'm very impressed, yet not surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing job you did! Such a cool idea and love all the stuff you did. Happy birthday to your beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it was really so fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birthday party management is really cute. Beautiful locations of Chicago venues are making them special and tempting to arrange parties. Definitely going to book one for my sister's engagement next month. Will just make the guest list and move further to catering and all.

    ReplyDelete