Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jon & Kate We Ain't

I am the mother of 9-month-old identical twin girls. They are the loves of our lives. I never in a million years could have dreamed of having twins. It truly never occured to me. The closest I'd come to twins is Barbie's Hart Family, but even those twins are a fraternal girl and boy. Oh, and I'm also a Gemini, so maybe personality-wise I'm kind of like a twin(?) or just have multi-personalities.

I honestly don't watch the show, although the world seems to think I should because people are constantly asking me if I watch! I've tuned in a few times to see what all the fuss is about, but I really couldn't stand watching the parents, Jon & Kate. Here's how we're different:
Me: nice, loving
My husband: has a backbone

I heard on the news yesterday that couples with multiples have higher rates of divorce. I'm sure it's true, but I hope we don't become a statistic. Sure, alone-time is harder (especially with two babies in your bed) and it's a lot of work without a learning curve of having one baby at a time, but I think if you work on it, make time for yourselves, talk openly about money and difficult topics, than you stand more of a chance than the average couple. We're bonded by not just one, but two other lives, and a very interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment