Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

This is 3-years-old

Old lady to my mom:  "Are they coming from dance class?"
My mom: "Oh no, they always dress like this."
Old lady to her friends:  "Those twins always dress like that, can you believe it?!"

If you have a preschool-age girl, than I'm sure this has happened to you too.  What a difference a generation makes.  I know that I never had a store-bought costume (the horror!). Were there even such things as Disney Princess costumes?  Disney quite possibly owns my children, since I recently witnessed Sophie and Sienna mesmerized by a classmate in a Little Mermaid costume, who they now refer to as Ariel.   They seem to love all things feminine, which made me a little worried until another mom explained that she was going to let her daughter dress as girly as she wanted since she's probably only a few years away from a goth phase.

So here's what three-years-old looks like for us: 
Sienna(l) and Sophie dressed up on a typical afternoon.


Sophie on a pony, with a stranger, and being very brave.

Temper, temper.......
Yes, certain people seem to be getting even more bothered about NOTHING, while other little people are losing their fears and becoming quite brave.

The costumes haven't stopped, and wearing summer clothes and inappropriate footwear seems to be an obsession. 

Since my twins are in preschool, I've gotten to see them separate from each other a bit.  They play with different children, at different things in school.  However, Sienna is still Sophie's defender, and when Sienna does something to get in trouble, her sister seems to try and smooth it over.  They still seem to switch personalities with each other almost instantaneously, which is clearly a twin-thing.

They're learning to do real puzzles and will sit for nearly an hour doing crafts with me.  They love books, especially fairy tales, and want to hear us tell stories for hours on end.  They finally enjoy taking baths, and had their first real sleepover at their grandparents without a bit of crying.  I believe the key to a successful overnight is Disney Princess suitcases on wheels.  They practiced for weeks prior to the actual overnight.

Despite the warnings that age three is worse than two,  I've seen some improvement.

1 comment:

  1. yay! it gets even better. of course clothes will always be a battle until they finally fit in your clothes. like emma is now - yikes! but thankfully both my girls out grew my foot already so my vintage designer shoe collection is safe forever!

    ReplyDelete