Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sanity

How do you stay sane?  Is it going to the gym?  Yoga?  Music?  Maybe it's having a nanny, or having a real job?  Therapy?  Since I don't work (or shall I say, I don't work outside the home), and I don't really have hobbies, I blog.  It's a little creative, and makes me feel like I'm producing something besides babies and meals.  Of course, I'm mostly posting about babies or meals, but that's what I'm living, and putting it into perspective might be keeping me sane.

I'm a stay at home mom, which has its ups and down as I'm sure being a working mom does. In either case I'm sure you never truly feel like you're doing the right thing for your children, career, and marriage, but I don't believe in over analyzing such things.

Sometimes I feel like my head is spinning so fast that it actually might come whizzing right off my neck. That's when I feel like I'm getting nutty. Being a mother is sometimes a monotonous series of preparing meals and snacks, cleaning up those meals and snacks, laundry, housekeeping, and refereeing. Frankly it's the refereeing and whining that really gets to me, I rather enjoy the cooking and cleaning. If you think about it too much it could drive you nuts. Fortunately, it's also filled with endearing baby kisses and cuddles, otherwise I'm certain no one would do it.

Some may think my posts are trivial or silly, but then it's not really for them is it?  It's for my sanity.  How is everyone else not losing it?

1 comment:

  1. Having seen you recently I believe you are doing a fabulous job of staying sane, remaining beautiful and brilliant... And the girls are obviously inspired by your radiance! When my now teenager was a baby, I nannied another little girl 50 or so hours a week. I stayed sane by focusing by planning outings at least 3 days a week that provided stimulation for all 3 of us, often including other stay at home moms and kids, meet ups at animal farms, museums, parks, or just a walk around the mall with a meet up at the food court.. Then there was Friday morning playgroup at home where up to a dozen moms or dads and kids came over for pot luck lunch and playtime... That was crucial to my sanity since I knew I would have other parents to share with, at least once a week. I took advantage of nap time , teaching myself how to use a computer.. My first desktop and kept a journal....yikes I'm old!:) way before Facebook, blogging, ...IPADS, keep it up Maria. I think you are doing a great job at everything! Donna

    ReplyDelete