Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The dogs days aren't quite over

When one of the twins turned 2.5 I thought there must be something physically wrong with her.  She had begun crying (and excessively drooling) for long periods of time, sometimes for up to 45 minutes, refusing to get dressed and brush her hair, or taking over an hour to do so, and generally making me nuts.  So I made an appointment with the pediatrician under the guise of a weight check.  He looked her over thoroughly, and explained to me that her only problem was that she was 2.5.  He warned that around every six month I might see a major personality change.  Great.

Recently, the other twin has started the same cuckoo behavior.  Now I've started yelling.  I had quasi-patience with one child behaving like a lunatic, I mean, 2.5-year-old, but two at once means there's very little peaceful time.



Waiting for the train on my birthday.  Busy girls are pleasant girls.
I keep reminding myself that they'll be starting school in September, but it doesn't seem soon enough so  I started looking for jobs, so that I would have a reason to send them to daycare full time.  I've heard there's a good one just down the street.

Sometimes, just sometimes, they make their own fun, and no one gets hurt.
 Is this an ad for Calypso for Target?

I understand why someone would act nutty when they're tired or hungry, but I can't understand flipping out for no reason (the twins refer to it as flipping out too).  If they're totally occupied with things they want to do they're pretty great, but the second it's not about them having fun, all hell breaks loose. 

I realize it's hard to tell from these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment