Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Boring works for me

Deciding on an exterior paint color isn't as simple as looks.  I did everything right: visited the paint store multiple times, bought samples, painted blocks of my house, looked at them at all different times of the day, asked the opinion of anyone and everyone who would listen, however when the painter started priming with tinted primer my husband and I knew it was a big uh-oh.  Deep Silver was actually kind of purple. 
The wrong color: Benjamin Moore Deep Silver

After many, many arguments and agreeing that we'd get marriage counseling, my husband and I decided to change it before the real painting commenced.  It took my husband saying, "I just don't want to live in the whimsical house" that actually made sense.  I think I might have wanted to live in the "whimsical house" but for how long?
The right color: Benjamin Moore Platinum Gray

My house (not quite finished with plastic over the windows and doors) in Platinum Gray
Platinum Gray has brought peace back to our little house (for an additional fee, of course).  It's a little boring and safe but I really like it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny about the deep gray looking purple. We just bought a house and I was testing some greys on the wall and someone said "I like that one...it has a purple tint to it." I said okay so that's NOT the color i'm using. Hahaha

    Best of luck in the new house! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete