Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why i get dressed

Since I've had kids there are only a few scenarios that I actually need to get dressed for.  Admittedly, I don't get out of my bathrobe until 5pm some days, if at all,  so I began to assess my clothing situation and there are only three different things for which I need to get dressed this coming spring, and only a couple of  items I'll need to make it work.

Scenario 1 Days with Kids: this includes going to the library, museums, play dates, and shopping. 
Scenario 2 Date Night with Husband: Most often dinner, and sometimes a movie (The Fighter was fantastic).
Scenario 3 The Gym: Self explanatory

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd have nothing to wear if it weren't for my JBrand Skinny Jeans and I'm grateful for JBrand for introducing me to their miraculous jeans which I've completely embraced in multiple washes, so I won't be giving these up. However, this spring I'm going to add/invest in their version of my forever fave style: the flare (actually bell-bottom).

JBrand Lovestory, $179 at shopbop.com
As images of Alli McGraw and a non-bloated Ryan O'Neil running around Cambridge dance through my head, I'll wear these with fitted button-downs and tiny cashmere sweaters during the day, and blouses and heals at night.  This takes care of two different dressing scenarios! Now all I need to do is lose 8lbs so I can buy them in the size I want.  
http://www.shopbop.com/lightweight-lovestory-jean-j-brand/vp/v=1/845524441813043.htm?folderID=2534374302031296&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize

Joie Campbell Dress, $258 shopbop.com
 This is the BEST dress for anything!  The style is so forgiving, and it looks great with tights for cool days and nights or bare legs for this spring.  I bought this in a gray paisley and I want to own it every print (it's that great).  This is my date night go-to dress.   
http://www.shopbop.com/campbell-dress-joie/vp/v=1/845524441885647.htm?folderID=2534374302023777&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize

Hopefully with these couple of things I'll be motivated to lose the bathrobe a little more often.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE reading your blog! :) I'll have to check out these jeans. I can't imagine life with twins. I think it's got to be easier and harder in different ways than life with a 2 yr. 5 mo. old and almost 7 mo. old. I get dressed 95% of days, but I don't find the time to shower every day. Hee hee! I do wear jeans 99% of the time. I hear you on losing 8 lbs. I'm 5 lbs away from pre-pregnancy #2, but can't seems to drop those 5 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! I'm so grateful that you're reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have not ever even tried on JBrand! Can you believe that? I have 5 lbs to lose - and then maybe another 5 :) And then I might treat myself to a new pair of designer denim. I will say I'm happy to be back in all my Rock and Republics from the Thayer St days - but I had to take them all back to the tailor to shortened, AGAIN, now that I wear flats 99% of the time. You always look great though! I'm sure you rock your bathrobe with flare! xo

    ReplyDelete