Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Swimming Pool Dreaming

Hot days deserve a swimming pool. Note, I didn't say that I deserve a swimming pool. Additionally, my yard deserves a swimming pool. If you took a picture of my back yard there would be a post-it note centrally placed that reads: insert pool here.

I've assembled a bunch of pools that I love from Apartment Therapy and various other locations (thanks!). Here they are:

Like a lake....I think this could be Sixx Design's home in Great Barrington.




For this one you'd need a pool boy.





Here's Maria & Larry just lounging on a Friday afternoon. I wish!



The pool at Chateau Marmont. I like that it's oval.

Simple pool, simple chairs, and a hedge of bamboo for privacy.

Babe Paley, the queen of Palm Beach cool.
The circular pool, like the house, seems to work with its environment, although it doesn't look like it should.


Realistically, I shouldn't even be pool-dreaming until my little angels are a lot older, or can at least swim. I just need to keep reminding myself, and when it's time I'll be ready with my idea folder. In the meantime you can find me cooling off in their baby pool.

3 comments:

  1. A spacious backyard really deserves to have a swimming pool. We have a huge yard too, and we've started building a swimming pool. Hmm, are plans to build one come to fruition? It's been a couple of years already and a lot of summers have passed, so I can't help but ask. :)

    -Hettie Calhoun

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this post, I can see your great desire to have a pool in your yard but I like the fact that you planned to realize your dream when your girls are old enough to swim. You see, there are lots of accidents nowadays that involve children drowning in pools ‘cause some parents are not aware that they’re already in the pool. Anyway, years have passed already and I think they already know how to swim. Do you already have the pool? I hope you can give us a sneak peek to your own pool since I can say that you have great inspirations here. :D

    -Cathy Newman-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really great to have a swimming pool in your own backyard. It’s the nearest place to bond with your loved ones. It’s been three years. Will we see a real pool in your backyard now? The pictures above were really great as inspiration. It’s absolutely good to get ideas from there.
    Tiffany Fields @ Pools ‘n More

    ReplyDelete