Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Best Age

Not biting or pinching each other, so it looks like a good day!

Despite the fact that one of my daughters handed me a poopy diaper that she had covertly removed (sadly, we've entered the diaper self-removal stage), I just realized that my girls are at a very cute age. They're talking a lot, just like little parrots, and they really let me know what they want (and they want a lot).


Things they love:

  • their BFF Maya (and her little brother Tino)
  • Mummy
  • Daddy
  • Grandmummy & Abuelito
  • 'beats (this is Sophie & Sienna-speak for the Fresh Beat Band on Nick Jr.)
  • the hose
  • dancing (They have a clear preference for Latin music.)
  • maracas (Sienna) & drums (Sophie)
  • pops (orange juice popsicles)
  • swings
  • climbing into the car themselves
  • Grandma Bruna's meatballs

Things they don't like:

  • anyone's dirty shoes
  • band aids (= boo boos)
  • riding in the cart part of a shopping cart
  • the baby pool
  • waking up from naps
  • most food other than hot dogs, pops, or grandma Bruna's meatballs
  • mowers (they shout "no mow")


This morning: waffles & art.


The clinginess has decreased and now I actually can prepare a meal without a child attached to my leg. I took a shower AND blow dried my hair STRAIGHT today (although there was a diaper removal incident during the blow drying).

Are these the faces of angels or what?


My mommy obsessed girls are becoming more and more independent (sassy) and I have to admit that I get a bit of a kick out of it. It takes a lot not to laugh when Sophie doesn't just tell me "no" but instead says "no way." A friend's son of the same age says "never" which I think is hilarious.

Don't drop the drumsticks!

I love that they're quite willing to share with other children, and when one twin is upset, the other can usually be counted on to bring her a pacifier or toy to cheer her up.


Loving (kind of)

To top it off it looks like they also adore the beach, so it looks like it might be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment