Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Coppa Enoteca



You know I'm really fond of a restaurant when I say to my husband "every place should be like this." That means it's the whole package to me: ambiance, food, and usually location. That's how I feel about Coppa Enoteca. Like a lot of restaurants in Boston's South End it not only attracts the neighborhood folk, but also suburbanites like me, but it's no-reservation policy, and 40 seats luckily seem to hinder too many of us from making it uncool!

Coppa opened in January and is the latest and greatest from chefs Jamie Bissonette and the very busy Ken Oringer of Clio, Toro, and La Verdad (to name just a few) fame.


As you know, I don't hit too many hot spots these days, but we were able to get a table at the early-bird hour of 5:30 on a Saturday night. We thought our strategy was so smart, but we were wrong. The friends we were meeting began calling us at 5:10 saying the line was getting longer and longer. But don't let this deter you, because it's totally worth it just to try the Farro Salad, Salumi, Fois Gras (one of the best I've ever tasted), Oysters, Wood Grilled Pizzas, or any of the nine other small plates we ordered. Like most tapas menus prices range fron $5 to $15 per plate, and they recommend each person orders two or three and sharing is recommended.

The vibe's friendly and a little boisterous, a great place to meet with friends who will land the perfect table!

Like the kids on Yo Gabba Gabba sing: Try it. You'll like it. http://www.coppaboston.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment