Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just when you thought your life was crazy.....

Bravo (my fave channel) has introduced "9 By Design," a docu-drama about Cortney & Robert Novogratz who have, get this, seven children, and a fabulous design/house-flipping business in NYC. Why so many kids I wondered? I gather they're both from big southern families and just think that's how you do it. They have two sets of twins in the bunch, and a new baby.

The Novogratz kids include Wolfgang, 12; twins Bellamy and Tallulah, 11; Breaker, 9; twins Five and Holleder, 4, and Major, 1. Did you notice that Five is #5? I love it!

The homes they design are fabulous, and have sold for record prices even by NY standards. But I really love their parenting style. In the first episode, Cortney sends the 4-year-old twins into a hall closet to play.

It seems they live in the houses for a while before they sell, and keep moving into two-bedroom apartments. At nearly nine-months pregnant Cortney also appears to pack her own house and move all in one day. I'm so impressed by this superwoman.

Watch it on Tuesdays at 10pm on Bravo. http://www.bravotv.com/9-by-design

No comments:

Post a Comment