Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm baaaaack....and with a new drink

It's been months since my last entry, but since I only have a handful of friends who read my blog updates, I'm quite sure that I haven't been missed! I've been inspired by the movie "Julie & Julia" (as background noise) as I continuously run in to coax my sad, sick twins back to sleep every time they wake up crying. I think the character in the movie might have taken her blog a little too seriously, but she didn't have sick twins (or twins at all for that matter), but did wind up with a job or a book deal or something I predict. I have no such ambitions.

With the advent of my darling husband finishing our basement renovation which includes a face lifted bedroom, bathroom, playroom, and bar/second kitchen, I have some wonderful news: I've rediscovered a CLASSIC COCKTAIL!

Here's the recipe:
Vodka Gimlet II
1.5oz Vodka
1oz fresh lime juice
.5oz simple sugar syrup
Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice. Shake. Strain into chilled martini glass.

Clearly there's a Vodka Gimlet I as well, that substitutes Rose's Lime for the fresh stuff, but don't even bother with that!

I've heard the martini saying that one's not enough and two's too many, and it's almost true for this treat as well. I find that one's not enough, two's not quite enough, and three's pretty much too many. I say: Have fun and enjoy responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment