Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Looking like Laura Ingalls

Kids today look a lot different than we did.  Did tutus and princess costumes even exist in the 70s and 80s.  If they were available, then why I didn't I know?  All I know is that I wanted to look like Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie.  In fact, I had my mom and aunt sew me numerous prairie dresses and bonnets to achieve said look.  See below.  That's me looking like I'm an extra on the set of Big Love.
This is me at my fifth birthday party.  I cropped my little friends out of the image, but none of them were wearing bonnets, which is kind of hilarious, so I may have been the only kid reading the Little House books and watching the series in reruns.  I can't be sure.  I stuck to this look for quite a while.  Actually, I think I was still dressing like this until we moved to the only 'urban' neighborhood in a quite suburban town in 1985, and this look was no longer going to be tolerated.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Awesome! I TOTALLY wanted to look like Laura Ingalls too. My mom used to braid my hair to look like hers. Don't think I had any bonnets - but i had lots of prairie dresses.

    ReplyDelete