Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Never a bridesmaid

I'm finally going to be a bridesmaid!  I've been invited by my friend Polly to be in her October Virginia wedding.  Polly and I have been friends for many years, and bless her heart (very Southern) she's the epitome of being type-A, and it's serving her well in planning her wedding.  I won't spill the surprise details, but so far everything from the save-the-date to the location (a vineyard in rural Virginia) has been ideal.

Polly and her groom, Theo, both hail from Virginia, and it was love at first sight when they met a little over a year ago in NYC.  Polly had held on to a "Virginia is for lovers" postcard all these years, and they used the design for their save-the-dates.  Polly created a website http://www.pollyandtheo.com/ that tells their story.


Polly's done all her work down to the last detail, but now I have a big decision to make: which dress do I wear? The bride had the good sense to choose bridesmaids dresses from J Crew, and now I get to choose!  She's sent me two dresses that were available in my size.  All the dresses (there are a couple more styles that the other ladies will be wearing) are champagne, so do I go with Bow Monde or Mika?
Bow Monde


Mika

 Feedback would be greatly appreciated.



4 comments:

  1. so sweet maria, brought tears to my eyes! either dress will be beautiful. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the one with the bow! I was going to be it in navy on clearance, but I think it would look much better on a petite person. Dooo it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both adorable, but be sure to try them on before deciding. Fit is key! Need a baby-sitter for the trying-on venture?

    Mum

    ReplyDelete