Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My girls and their boys

I'd like to borrow a three-and-a-half year-old or four-year-old boy to play with my girls five days a week (okay, maybe three days).  After a couple of really successful play dates where I witnessed my girls having rambunctious fun, I realized that my husband and I coddle them quite a bit, and I love the outrageous play they experience with their boyfriends.

How we coddled them:  We slowed them down on steps and slides.  We followed them to the top of climbers.  We didn't let them run around swinging plastic bats or sticks. 

These are all things they love doing with their boyfriends, and I now let them, and they LOVE it!

Sienna and Aidan goofing around.


Sophie, Sienna, and Joe going for a ride.
 It looks like we're guilty of being a little sexist.  When I told my husband how delightful (meaning they're busy, interested, and not getting into trouble) the play dates are with their slightly older, very physical friends, have been, he admitted to worrying about their safety a bit more since they're little girls.  According to him boys are supposed to get bumped and bruised and his little girls are aren't.  Subconsciously, I guess I had agreed, but not anymore.  Now Sophie and Sienna have the well-deserved scabs on their knees to prove that they can keep up with the big(ger) boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment