Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Mommy Time" is good for everyone

(l-r) Sienna, Grandma Bruna, and Sophie
Last Saturday my wonderful husband gave me the day off.  He took our twins to visit their grandma in Cape Cod, which left me with 6.5 hours to do whatever I wanted.  What I did with my time is somewhat mundane (yoga class, shopping downtown, dry cleaning, lunch, shower, and housecleaning), but it felt like he'd taken them away for a week.  It wasn't until he sent me this photo of the girls, pants rolled up, walking on the beach with his mother that I realized that this day-cation was a great thing for all of us, not just me.

I'm not trying to make y'all jealous, but the day trip was followed by hugs and kisses from girls, and then a date night with my husband and some great friends.  Did I hit the lottery?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Mommy time makes for better moms! And what a treat for the girls and their grandma to get a special day together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did hit the lottery, sweetie. the day they were born! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete