Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Have a Great Weekend

Let the Halloween festivities begin!  The girls are going to go door-to-door for their first "real" trick or treating experience.  It's yet to be seen if they'll actually wear their fairy (Sienna) and ladybug (Sophie) costumes for more than 5 minutes, but if they do, I'll be sure to post pictures.  Mind you they first modelled and then cried for said costumes until I bought them in TJ Maxx, but a toddler's emotions are hardly rational.

If I were more organized I might have planned a fabulous Halloween Party like socialite Alison Sarofim whose annual bashes included themes like 80s, Surrealism, and Japanese Anime.  But 1) I don't have someone to produce a party like that, and 2) I think hiring shirtless male servers might be a little out of my budget.

Sarofim's "Surrelism" costume

Marjorie Guggelman's vision of "Japanese Anime"

I would also have loved to host the Dia de los Muertos party I mentioned in a previous post.  I'd set up a really cool Altar with neat skulls, lots of flowers, candles, and pictures of people who have passed, and make many toasts to their lives (and after-lives).  Maybe next year......
Dia de los Muertos skull dolls

Enjoy your weekend, and no matter what you have planned make it festive and maybe a little scary!

1 comment:

  1. have so much fun with the girls tonight!!! oh, and i LOVE your day of the dead party idea. i will make a special trip to attend :)

    ReplyDelete