Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nurseries


Decorating a nursery can seem a momentous task when you're an exhausted, hormonal, sometimes bed ridden mommy-to-be. I sometimes wish I'd given mine a bit more thought, but ce la vie, it turned out cute enough. Besides, what was the point considering what it would turn into? Picture this: 2 contemporary cribs (that haven't been slept in in months) flanking a queen mattress on the floor (this is where both babies actually sleep), a train table with blocks and Duplos, etc. We actually play in our nursery fairly often.

Although my nursery in no way resembles these images, I did actually use them for inspiration!




I love this room for being gender neutral and having the mini Barcelona chair that I covet.


Most parents don't have the nerve to use a lot of black in a nursery, but the black wall, striped ceiling, white floor, and Nelson Bubble Lamp, make this very modern and bit preppy at the same time.


Clearly, for slightly older children, I love the eclectic look of this room. it's contemporary yet a little folky.





This is Interior Designer Julie Richards son's nursery that I discovered on La Dolce Vita's blog http://paloma81.blogspot.com/2009/05/personal-style-defined-julie-of-shelter.html. Also check out Julie's blog http://shelterinteriordesign.blogspot.com/ for more amazing ideas.


This nursery is exactly what I love: an adult living space that works for an infant. The chaise is where you'd read stories and cuddle, the artwork and its gallery-look is quite sophisticated, and I adore the Netto crib. The chalkboard paint along the walls is a cute touch for what you'd imagine is the bedroom of a future artist. This room looks unisex which is great for those parents who want to be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment