Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

How cool was your dad?

I was just reading Tina Fey's Bossypants because a book club I belong to, but have yet to attend, read it last month (I never finished it).  In it she refers to her dad as "bad ass" which I got a big kick from.  She also described his cool style sense (so stylish even black guys thought he looked cool). While I wouldn't call my own dad a "bad ass", I do think he was, and still is, pretty cool. 

Certainly very few folks can rock a moustache for decades and still look suave.

Eleazar "Chiqui" Romero's always had a keen sense of style, and pretty much always dresses to impress, and I love seeing 1970s photos of dad with friends, me, my mom, and his dogs.




Dad and his dogs Poco & Che in Honduras, early 70s.
Present day, Dad at Boston's Exchange Center sitting in front of a MassPort photo of himself.


2 comments:

  1. Maria, those photos are awesome! Your dad was and is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay daddy!!! I love these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete